Report: Litherland REMYCA 0-7 Warrington Town Women

Warrington Town Women claimed their third successive victory after a dominant 7-0 victory away at Litherland REMYCA on Sunday.

After two wins on the bounce over Runcorn Linnets and Ellesmere Port, the Yellows Women were poised to pick up another three points against a Litherland REMYCA side that have only won one game so far this season.

The game kicked off and both teams were off to a decent start – the Yellows were through 1-on-1 with REMYCA goalie Becky Benson but POTM Nicola Chatterley was offside.

A moment later, Chloe Green made a good save on Alivia Hutchinson to prevent the hosts from taking an early lead; Katie Donohue, the usual Yellows goalkeeper, was still out after previously suffering an injury versus Ellesmere Port.

A few minutes later, Yellows had the breakthrough in the 7th minute as Chatterley fed the ball through to Kerry Baker who unsurprisingly made no mistake with the finish – an instant impact after returning to the lineup

Chances came for both teams for the rest of the half mainly for the Yellows, any Litherland chances were cleared by the defence or killed by Green who was quick off her line to smother the attempted through balls all game.

It wasn’t until the 38th minute when the Yellows doubled their lead through Nicola Chatterley who received a ball from Ella Rigby and slotted it past Benson on her near post.

In the same minute, the Yellows suffered from some bad luck as Carla Burton replaced Rachel Dickenson after she suffered an injury.

In the 57th minute, Yellows suffered from some more bad injury luck as Lily Parsons was relieved by Megan Osborne after being tackled.

Despite the nasty injury luck, Town kept fighting ruthlessly and they extended the lead even further as they scored 3 consecutive goals in the next 10 minutes.

Danielle Burns assisted Nicola Chatterley for her second goal of the game in the 63rd minute.

Nicola Chatterley played the ball to Carla Burton and gave her a tap-in goal on a 2-on-1 with Benson in the 65th minute.

Kerry Baker assisted Nicola Chatterley for her hat trick in the 67th minute.

In the 74th minute, Ella Rigby got herself on the scoresheet as she dribbled around Becky Benson and slotted it home to give us a 6-goal lead.

Yellows kept pushing and pushing and Megan Osborne had some good looks down the left wing – she crossed many threatening balls into the box but the REMYCA defence dealt with them to prevent any more goals.

That was until the 90th minute when Town dealt one final blow as Kerry Baker scored her second goal of the game to seal the deal.

The Yellows next face 9th-place Ellesmere Port who they previously beat 4-2 on the road three weeks ago.

Town moved up one place in the league and now sit in 7th with 15 points from 10 games; they remain 6 points from the top of the league and 3 points from second place.

We need your support – donate to our Yellows Groundfunder today!

Leave a Reply